Translate

Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 25 of Crumpets 31 DC - Banana Pants


The theme of day 25 is childhood.  I thought and thought...my childhood was good, but nothing really jumped out.  So I looked through my Pinterest files and it STRUCK!  I totally forgot that I pinned Emily's mani HEREI pinned it because it reminded me of my childhood!  When I was in elementary school, my mom, bless her, made a lot of our clothes.  It was the 70's after all.  My favorite piece of clothing was a pair of pants that she made for both me and my sister.  They looked like jeans....but they weren't.  They were like those fake jeans you see advertised on TV.  But they were better....they had bananas printed all over them!  Don't believe me?  Check the picture!


This was the only picture I could find of my beloved pants...only it was my sister wearing her's, so I cut her out so she wouldn't be embarrassed (tee hee).  I mean really, check that combo!  Anyways, here is my beloved banana pants on the tips of Bria's lovely fingers.


I started with one coat of Maybelline Styled Out, one of my lovely matte blues.  Then I added the bananas with my black striper, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightening (the dark yellow) and NOPI Ladies in the Limelight (the lighter yellow).  I love these!  They make me smile and giggle.  But Brianna refused to wear them to school!  She took them off right away and asked for something else.  You will see what I replaced them with tomorrow.  To think that I actually wore those pants to school all the time and she would not even wear bananas on her nails!  Like I said, it was the 70's.  (Oops, am I revealing my age?)  One more pic and then on to all the other childhood manis.
 
Tee Hee!


6 comments:

  1. Omg Tina...those pants. LMAO!!! I have so many similar memories of my mom making my clothes when I was a kid--until I rebelled. She always wanted to dress me super girlie and made these crazy elaborate dresses for me that were entirely not convenient for me since I loved to get on the swings and jump off. I also loved climbing all over the jungle gym so you can imagine what would happen. I love your nails. I think the yellow looks really striking againts that blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst part was that she would make matching outfits for me, my sister AND her. Love my mom, got my creative genes/jeans (tee hee)from her, but what 9 yr old wants to match her younger sister and her MOTHER? Makes for some great memories though! To this day my sister will not wear anything that matches what her husband wears!

      Delete
  2. As a girl whose mother also made matching outfits for her and her BROTHER, I LOVE this! This made me smile, and it was a very long day, so thank you so much for your memories and bananas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I thought I had it bad! Glad to make you smile!

      Delete
  3. I love this! Bananas! So cute, and truly fit with the challenge x x x

    ReplyDelete