Translate

Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4 Crumpets 31 DC - Pink

I will just forewarn you (I seem to do that a lot).  I had more dental work done yesterday and am hopped up on pain medication as I type, so if I wander or...can't seem to find the right word or phrase (like now)...please forgive me and chalk it up to chemical imbalances.  Here is my mani for day 4 - Pink (again tee hee)

I am the first to admit that I am not a pink girl.  I like to think of myself a dark brooding, vampish color girl.  I love to wear green on my nails.  The mani I wore for DAY 4 is probably one of the brightest I have ever worn, and even it contained black.  Don't know why I am drawn to those colors....they don't really match my personality.  I mean, no one I know would describe me as dark, brooding or vampish, but that is what I tend to wear.  I think it is my desire to be different and unique (okay the drugs are making me reveal to much).  Anyways, despite all that, I think I have more pink/mauve colors in my collection than anything else and after this mani, I wonder why I don't wear them more!
Without Flash

 I started with one coat of Essie All Tied Up.  I got this, once again, from Cynthia's Blog Sale from Of Life and Lacquer.  Check it out HEREShe is a little picked over right now, but she adds items a lot.  Her blog sale is responsible for my ability to add polishes that I have had on my want list for awhile at affordable prices. I have a polish crush on Cynthia (tee hee).  

With Flash








All Tied Up is gorgeous!  I applied like butter and I only used one semi-thick coat.  Unlike other polishes that take awhile to dry when applied thick, this dried amazingly fast.  So shiny and smooth, it didn't even bubble on my Orly patch.  It is a lovely rosy bronze with a gold shimmer.  It comes from the Essie Summer 2012 Bikini So Teeny Collection and is well worth trying to hunt down.  I think this color is very complementary to my skin tone, although I usually don't care about that kind of thing.  It's all about the polish color for me, not how it looks on my nails.  I know that is probably not cool in the polish world, but that is just how I roll.  I wish I had the words to describe how much I love this color, but just click on the pics to see how beautiful it is.


Next I stamped with China Glaze Your Touch and BM -323, pretty little roses.  This color is so close in tone to All Tied up, but with a lovely shimmer, which gives it a highly polished rose gold color.  Love it to.  It is pictured above right after stamping without topcoat.  I'm showing this photo for two reasons....so you can see how topcoat can make stamping polish pop and to show you how messy my fingers were before clean up.  I have had problems in the past with cuticle clean up, but recently have started to use pure acetone for this step, and now clean up is a breeze.  The only drawback is that it really drys the skin, but no more than putting tape all over like I normally do.  Cuticle oil and lotion does the trick.  Finally, here are a few pics of the finished mani with topcoat.

With Flash
Without Flash


So, I am not typically a pink girl, or a flower girl, but I LOVE this mani.  The difference between the base and stamping polish is so subtle, it only shows up at certain angles and/or lighting.  It was like wearing secrets at my fingertips.  So now that I have confessed, rambled and posted too many pics, go check out the rest of the pink manis.   






11 comments:

  1. 'Wearing secrets at my fingertips' what a lovely phrase! And lovely nails to match!

    I would never choose pink, pretty designs for clothes or decor or anything, but I love them on nails!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just kept gazing at my nails, knowing what was there, even if I couldn't see it right that instant. And pink may become my next fav color for awhile.

      Delete
  2. I love subtle stamping. It's like a hidden gem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited that you chose All Tied Up because I just got that polish and have been in love with it online. I'm even more anxious to try it out now! I also am totally on your side when it comes to choosing polish colors--I don't really care (or even know, for that matter) what looks good with my skin tone. I know a color I love when I see it and that makes it a good looking polish on my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me likey! It reminds me of embossed velvet...subtle & sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohhh....I never thought of it that way but you are right!

      Delete
  5. Looks like fine Damask fabric. Well done. I would describe you as Vampish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you would, love. You know my true soul.

      Delete