Translate

Monday, January 21, 2013

NCC Week 8 - Icicles

Three posts in a day?  Yep!  The theme for week 8 of the Nail Challenge Collaborative Let It Snow Challenge is Icicles.  Here it is!


 Simple....straight forward.  Let's start with the base.

Without Topcoat
With Topcoat
This is Girly Bits Stormy Skies.  I love this color sooo much, but it was work to get it here.  It is very thin, but buildable.  This is 4 coats.  The top pic is without topcoat and shows how rough it is on it's own.  I personally like polish that have texture, but if you don't, not to worry.  Only one coat of Sech Vite turned this from a matte, somewhat gritty, polish into a smooth sparkling oasis of blue.  Next time I use this, I intend to use undies so as not to waste this gorgeous beauty on four coats.  Might just try it over some blurple to see what happens :)


Next I stamped with BM-319, first with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Silver Sweep, and then again with Orly Dazzle.  Finished with top coat and done!  Not my most creative mani, but I have been wanting to use this particular stamp for awhile, and it just seemed to fit this theme so well.  Check out all the other frosty tips!





4 comments:

  1. It is very pretty! I like the subtlty of it. I had that stamp out as one of my possibilities too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous, so simple but really awesome, love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another winner. I love it.

    ReplyDelete