Translate

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 30 of Crumpets 31 DC - Favorite Technique


If you can't figure out what my favorite technique is, you haven't looked through my blog hard enough (tee hee).  My favorite technique is the one that started my whole nail obsession...Stamping!  This is not my best stamping, but it will have to do.


I started with three coats of Sinful Colors Cinderella.  I wish I would have photo'd this lovely color on it's own.  If you want to see a good representation, check it on The Daily Varnish HEREI purchased all my Sinful Colors before I heard about the whole stealing image hoopla, and haven't purchased any of them since, but I have to say that I'm glad that this beautiful blue is in my stash.  It is a sheer light baby blue with glass flecks.  I LOVE glass flecked polish.


 Next I stamped with Bundle Monster BM-206 and Avon Forbidden Fudge.  I wasn't concerned with how perfect the stamping was, because I knew I was going to be taping off most of it.  You can see on my index finger that my learning curve with this stamp was steep.  Some images require cleaning after each stamp, and this is one of them, which I learned a little late.  This image with this polish also required a delicate hand, soft stamping on both the plate and the nail.  Oh well, now I know for future reference.


Next I added small triangles of tape and pained with China Glaze Ingrid, a beautiful soft brown with a gold glitter.  In real life, the stamped brown and Ingrid matched better....that damn macro once again shows all the inconsistencies.


I really liked how this turned out...the pics, on the other hand, don't do it justice.  Now go see all the other favorite techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment