Translate

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Llama Nails Technique - Distressed Nails

Today is a technique that I have been wanting to try for awhile, but just haven't had the nerve.  This challenge was the perfect chance to give it a go!


Every time I have seen this done by others, I have loved it.....HARD.  Mine....not so much.

The colors were inspired by a couch I saw at....I think it was Marshalls....when I was looking for polish of course....I mean a new winter coat for the son.  Didn't find any, but I did find inspiration!  Let's see if I can get the pic off my phone.....


Yeah!  Success!


If you haven't seen the distressed technique before....you don't hang out where I do (tee hee).  Basically you scrape as much polish off your brush as you can and then brush the nearly nude brush over your nails............Opps, I just got distracted for an hour watching Twenty One Pilots videos on YouTube.  Back to it I guess!

I started with 2 coats of LVX Fantom and then added my first layer with Butter London All Hail the Queen.


Next layer is Butter London Victoriana.


Final layer is Mentality Prim.  This one was the easiest to work with.  It also has a scattered holo, so I was lovin' the effect it gave!


I think the reason I wasn't totally happy with it was the white base.  I think I would have liked it better with All Hail the Queen as the base and maybe a black or even darker brown layer.  One last pic.


I wanted to include this one because it shows the holo a bit....more (?).  What do you think?  Like this color combo?  Like this technique?  Successful for a first attempt?  Should I try more?  Honestly, I already have some other color combos in mind, so whether you like it or not, it is going to grace the blog again soon!  Thanks for looking!

Tina




5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I might try the second color combination you mentioned... because, well, all the polishes you used are in my untried stash... and this is so pretty, so why not put them to use to achieve this beautiful mani! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks super cool! I've never tried this technique before. Guess I'll have to give it a go soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still like it a lot. Nice distressed nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never tried this color combination but it's looks amazing!!!! Love it!!! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color combo in patterns and never would've thought to do it in a distressed technique - it looks awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete