Translate

Saturday, March 1, 2014

NAGG Catch Up Watercolor

Whew!  I think I am finally over this virus!  I'm not sleeping 12 hours a day anymore, so I have time to get the last few manis for the Nail-Art-A-Go-Go up on the blog.  Although a couple of these have been done for more than a month, I just didn't have the energy to post them.  Enjoy the multiple posts this weekend!

Day 25 is water color.  I decided to try my hand at water marbling again.  Not extremely successful, but definitely and improvement.


The main mistake I made with this is not using a pure white for the base.  Instead I used Barry M Lychee.  Don't know why, I just did.  You can see it most on the edge of my thumb.


There on my middle finger is a smudge of Hands Off My Kielbasa used in the marble.  Don't know how it got there!  I didn't even notice it until I edited the pics.  Maybe from the edge of the glass?


Polish used in this marble:
  • Barry M Lychee for base
  • Revlon Captivate (copper)
  • China Glaze Fade Into Hue (blue)
  • OPI Hands Off My Kielbasa (pink)
I skipped day 26, but day 27 will be up very soon.






4 comments:

  1. Great water marble try! I'm still too afraid to attempt it because of the mess, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I usually coat the skin around my nails with Vaseline or masking fluid. Makes clean up much easier!

      Delete
  2. This is a great water marble!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! I still feel like I have a ways to go on this technique though.

      Delete