Translate

Monday, February 16, 2015

Chinese New Year Nail Art

Thursday is the Chinese New Year so the theme for Adventure in Stamping follows.  It gave me a chance to try a new indie polish.  My model is my lovely sister.  I have been doing her nails for months.  We get together once a week for family night.  The kids play games with their uncle while I paint their aunt's nails.  It has been great for our family!  My sister and brother-in-law were out of the country for many years and missed a lot of my kids younger years. They have no kids of their own, and I value the chance that my kids have to get to know them better.  Anyway, I usually forget my camera, but now that I have a new IPhone, I have a decent enough camera, so here it is.


I love this!  It is exactly what I had in my mind when I started.  Not often that happens.


I also happened to wear this same polish this week and luckily remembered to take pics under my daylight lamp so you could get a good look at it.  This is Native War Paints Fiery Kisses.  My swatch is three coats, but I only used two on my sister's nails for full opacity.  It is a gorgeous red creme filled with gold flakies and a smattering of blue shimmer.  It is just my type of red, dark and cool, rather than warm.  The formula was great and dry time was phenomenal, but I did have trouble wrapping my tips with it.  It slid right off the edge and pooled on the tips, which was weird because I didn't have pooling anywhere else.  I still highly recommend it.

 
We started with black stripes a little off center on all the nails.  I made some nail decals using Maybelline Bold Gold and Chez-Delaney Asiatique.  I backed the decals with blace and centered them at the top of the stripes.  Then I stamped with another image from the same plate and Bold Gold on the accent nails.


I ended up loving these.  Very simple, yet definitely very Asian.  It was one of those rare instances where everything came together really well.  You will, hopefully, be seeing more of my sis' nails since Bria has not been able to keep her nails painted with her new job.  

Thanks for looking and commenting!

12 comments:

  1. I didn't know it was the Chinese New Year Thursday. I love oriental designs and this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm Chinese and these totally remind me of stuff I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they really came out great! I love stamping decals, but I've never tried myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous.. I love stampings too! I would have chosen a different/color or background for the dragon though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely mani and colors used are perfect for Chinese New Year. Good to know you and your sis are exploring nail art together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This design is gorgeous. Captured the Chinese new year well

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks perfect for the Chinese new year! And your sis and you must be enjoying doing nails together! :-) .. that red is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful mani. The background colour is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! I really like your nail shape!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Looks perfect for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Привет! Мне бы хотелось открыть салон парикмахерскую. У кого-то из читательниц есть опыт в этом? Очень большой выбор оборудования для салонов красоты. Кто может помочь советом? Какой магазин лучше выбрать для то чтобы купить Мебель для парикмахерской и это Косметика для парафинотерапии. Я выбираю среди этих магазинов Spashop.com.ua, Venko.com.ua, Newfacebeauty.pl, Ukrmedgarant.com.ua.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Given article is very helpful and very useful for my admin, and pardon me permission to share articles here hopefully helped :

    Cara Mengatasi Perih Di Ulu Hati Secara Alami

    ReplyDelete