Translate

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Lead Lighting Nail Art


Today I have a little Crumpet Nail Tarts Pick-n-Mix.  This week is geometric/yellow,blue and green.  I think I achieved both!


I started with two coats of Finger Paints Black Expressionism and then stamped with VL-3 and Konad White.  When I top coated it, smeared the white, which happens often with Konad stamping polishes and Seche Vite.  I am actually on the search for a better top coat.  Despite my love for how fast it dries, I have been having a lot of shrinkage recently.  I feel like I am on a holy grail quest for the perfect top coat.  Bah!  Anyway, I ended up touching up the black lines to cover up some of the smearing.


Then I used Colors By Llarowe Tweety Bird (yellow) and Loaded Lacquer Island Punch (blue) to lead light over the white.  I was having trouble finding a green jelly in my stash, so I took Julep Payton, which is somewhat sheer at one coat, and mixed it with a clear polish from Sally Hansen.  I kept mixing until I got the opacity I wanted.


Despite the smearing and imperfect lead lighting, I ended up really loving this!  Wouldn't this make a great easter egg mani with some spring colors?  So fun!

Thanks for looking looking and commenting!  Check out all the other Tarts nail art!





8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome! I really should give lead lighting a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are totally awesome! Great job! Where did you get the plates? And if I can add one thing, I just love the MARVEL Liquid Macro Top Coat from Wonder Beauty Products, it doesn't smear my stamping, dries super quick and holds shine for days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your nails are sooo cute! I think this manicure looks great!! ;)
    Creativenails4fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh...love the pattern...so pretty

    --Sony
    http://nailscontext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Barber shop waiting chairs and Barber tools. I'm choosing between Advance-Esthetic.Com and Spa&Equipment websites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look amazing,your a really good nail artist.

    ReplyDelete