Translate

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Matrix Nail Art for the Nail Challenge Collaborative

So, you may have noticed that I have been very busy here in my little space on the blogosphere!  I just cannot resist a good challenge, and the Nail Challenge Collaborative has a great one this month!  The theme is Movies/TV/Music.  Being a movie/TV freak, I just couldn't resist.  Besides it only means four manis, so it is not too much.  The biggest problem I am having with this theme is narrowing it all down to only four!  I swear that every time I watch a movie/TV show, I get nail art inspiration.  I decided to start the month off with one of my favorite movies, The Matrix.


I clearly remember seeing The Matrix in the theater.  Hubby and I had gone out to eat before and I had a few drinks.  I felt a bit sick during the scene when Neo wakes up in his nutritious goo filled pod and had to leave the theater for a few moments.


Despite my queasy stomach, I was totally enthralled by the film.  We had not heard anything about the movie before we chose it, only that it was a sci-fi.  It was eye opening and immediately became one of my favorite movies of all time.


I may have seen this done somewhere before, but I just spent an hour searching my pin boards and couldn't find it to give credit.  Let's just pretend that it was all my brilliant idea :)


I started with two coats of Finger Paints Black Expressionism.



Followed by BM-319 and BM-415 stamped with China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard.  I was really surprised how well this stamped!  I did, however, have a lot of problems with the image from BM-319 and had to redo it several times.  I think, because this is a neon, the polish was drying way to fast and I was trying to get the image way to straight.  I ended up just going for it since the "matrix" image has "bald spots" in it too.

Another thing to note, most stamping becomes more clear when you top coat.  With this one, however, it became shimmery, but less clear.  Oh the fun of trying to stamp with regular polish!  You never know how it is going to turn out!

Just a few more pics.  I really love how this turned out!




Thanks for looking and commenting!  See you tomorrow!






5 comments:

  1. These look cool! Totally reminds me of the Matrix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - that green DID stamp really well! I remember first seeing The Matrix, too - knew nothing about the movie, got totally sucked in to the story and couldn't stop watching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing stamping! It takes you really into the Matrix :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy goodness! This is such a great mani and super inspiring!

    ReplyDelete