You may have deduced the themes for this. If you haven't...you aren't paying attention! Llama Nails prompt is water marble and The Never Ending Pile is pastel. How could I not combine these two?
I am getting more proficient at water marbles, but I still feel like I have a ways to go at getting the really purdy designs. Practice makes perfect, right? Here are the colors I used:
- LVX Legendaire - Untried pastel purple
- LVX Cliquot - Pastel pink
- Orly Cochella Dweller - Pastel Green
- Sinful Colors Just You Wait - Untried shimmery sheer purple/pink/gold shifter
See what I did? Two untrieds, two...uh, tried...two challenges. Aren't I brilliant? Well, maybe not (tee hee). Thought I would tell you how well these did for water marbling.
- Cliquot was the best with good spread and good coverage (how well it showed up in the marbling)
- Legendaire spread the least, but still did a good job.
- Just You Wait was a GREAT spreader, but ended up hardly showing up at all.
- Cochella Dweller spread REALLY well. Almost too well. It aided in spreading the other colors, but had it's downfall. See how it is "balding" a bit in the rings? When I was making the designs it had a tendency to break up, which meant you couldn't play with the design much without ending up with a mess. I would definitely use this in a water marble again, just use two or three drops for each ring for more coverage. Make sense?
When I showed this to Bria she was all like, "Ooooo, Easter eggs!" and I was all like, "Must get egg pic!" (tee hee)
Mood rock says I love this. What do you think? Take a look at the lots-o-links. And comment if you want to. Tell me if I sound as giddy as I feel! I think I will go make some bacon popcorn now.