Translate

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Style Those Nails Popular Summer Nails Challenge

Another month, another challenge....or two....or three.  I know, I know, but I just can't help it!  Today starts Style Those Nails Popular Summer Nails challenge.  The prompt today is Welcome Back Summer.  This one was a little difficult since there is still snow on the ground around here.  Just barely feeling like spring.  So I used an older mani that never got posted last summer.  This is not my best, but I think it fits the the theme pretty well.


This ended up being a bit messy, IMHO.  I really love the idea of it, just not the execution.


I started with two thick coats of Polish Me Silly Green Genie.  You may or may not know that Polish Me Silly used to be Lush Lacquer, which is what my bottle says, but they had to change their name due to previous claims to the "Lush" name.  No matter the name change, their polish is still awesome.  Green Genie was part of their neon collection that came out last spring and is still available at their Etsy shop HERE.  This spring they have come out with some amazing multichromes, so make sure to check out their store!



Every summer mani deserves some flowers, right?  I stamped with PUEEN46 and Konad Special Green.  On top of that I stamped with MM07 and a dark pink with yellow in the center.  Of course, I can't find where I wrote down what I used, so your guess is as good as mine.


I get a distinct art deco vibe from this one.  I think I like it?


Like I said, just a bit too much.  It would have been nice on just an accent nail or two.  What do you think?  Too much?  Thanks for looking and commenting!



18 comments:

  1. Wow......its so beautiful......... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look gorgeous! They totally look like real flowers on your nails too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so pretty. ..not at all too much

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the way you used two different images, I did not find it crowded. The end result is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved ur nail art. Plus the way you merged two stamping images is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow.. its so pretty.. luv the design n color combos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, I love it. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dont find it too much at all. It is very beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful!..... I don't think its too much!!!Its just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty mani very nice xxx

    ReplyDelete