Translate

Friday, April 11, 2014

A Random for the Neverending Pile

Quick post because I have to work tomorrow and it is past my bedtime.  Prompt for today's Never Ending Pile is random.


I decided to knock a couple out of the pile.

With Flash
Artificial Light

I started with two coats of OPI French Quarter.  I received this in a mystery OPI box from an online clearance house.  I was lucky in that every one was new to my stash.  Have I used any of the five I received?  Only one.  This makes two.


Next I added two cots of Essie Carnival.  Another mystery package.  Another 5 new randoms added.  I am not sure I like Carnival.  It is a clear base with holo micro glitters.  The problem is that the micro glitters just don't blend well.  They drag a bit with applications and they seem to "float" on the nail.  I may use it to franken a jelly/glitter mix.





Next I made some stamping decals with moYou UK (not to be confused with moYou London).  I did decals because I wanted to make sure that I had them lined up nicely along my cuticles.  Still wasn't fully successful.


I really like this stamp.  Detailed and delicate.  Not my usual thing, but with the grey....well I like it.  Still think I could have done without Carnival.  Not quite a fail, but not my favorite.  Let me know what you think.

Gotta run....thanks for looking!





4 comments:

  1. Oh I think the sparkle adds a nice touch! Love what you did with the stamp to make a cuticle decal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Love the glitter for that added sparkle too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I like it too, especially the sparkle, made me think hey I don't have a grey scattered holo, but I can just layer.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me likey! Not your usual fare, but lovely in an understated way. Adding the decals/top coat brought out the holo bits nicely. <3

    ReplyDelete