Translate

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Popular Summer Chill Me

I am exhausted.  After 6 inches of snow yesterday....Yes SIX FRICKIN' INCHES....the sun was out and in the upper 40s, so I took advantage and swatched a butt load of holos.  My "mani cave" is in the basement, so I was running up and down two flights of stairs ALL DAY!  I did a bunch of holo comparisons too and can't wait to show you all the goodies!  Watch for them in the coming weeks....actually months as I could probably do a daily post on holos for two weeks at this point!  All that to say that I am not going to be too chatty today....wait, it may be a bit late for that!  I guess my brain isn't listening to my yawns.

Today's theme for the Popular Summer Nails challenge is "Chill Me".  First thing that came to mind for me (and probably many of the participants) was an ice cold drink.  


I just recently purchased ALL of the Sally Hansen Triple Shine Palm Beach Jellies during a sale at my local CVS.  I had the swatcicles on my desk and just happened to have Julep Elisa sitting right there too.  Elisa is also a jelly, just darker and I knew it would be perfect with one of the Sally Hansen jellies.


So I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Grape Jelly.  As you can see, this is REALLY sheer with just a tint of color.  Yes, it shows all my lovely staining, but it is growing out as you can plainly see.




I really liked this, but since I knew I was going to be using a very sheer polish to stamp, I needed a little more color so I sponged the tips with Barielle Designer's Shoe.  Plus this covered up all the staining!


Finally I stamped the tips with Revlon Pure Pearl and M73.


Isn't this a great image for ice cubes? Here comes the spam!





You may have guessed from all the pics that I ended up lovin' this!  No, I have never seen a lilac drink before, but if it looked like this, I would definitely drink it!  

You can find SH Grape Jelly at most US drugstores, Julep Elisa HERE and Barielle Designer's Shoe HERE.

Feel free to check out Style Those Nails Pinterest for more "cool" manis!  Thanks for visiting.

24 comments:

  1. I love how soft the gradient is. That jelly is so sheer but I kind of like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved your design!great idea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.......i wish I had some idea like this before lol but anyways this is how we get inspiration. I loved your manicure a LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea n well executed, I tried free hand ice cubes n it looked so bad I took the whole damn thing off, now I understand importance of being innovative with plates, loved this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what you did with this one. Now you're making me want the SH jellies...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice thought behind this. Looks cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ice Ice Baby ;) So very pretty dear...Love it :) <3
    www.beautynbuzz.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. o wow ...cool ice effect .love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. just loved the jellies......its such a nice idea..... (y)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely mani. These jellies look so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  11. this very different and very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow.. luv the mani, looks so cool <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I reaaly loved this mani...simple and different :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it!! it sure looks like ice cubes in a drink..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect shade for summer!! Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Drink the Kool-aid! Me likey a lot! Why oh why wouldn't Pure Pearl stamp like that for me? Maybe it just likes you better? lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks georgeous! :-) Beautiful gradient and stamping.

    ReplyDelete