I published but forgot to link in! Sorry for the late link. Hope you enjoy anyways.
Day 2 of the 12 Days of Christmas is Holiday Song Nails. I chose that song, can't remember what it's called :) but it goes "Said the little lamb to the Shepard boy, Do you see what I see? A star, a star twinkles in the night". Yeah, that one. This was a quick design with no step by steps (sorry) because I am still having tooth problems and was tired and just trying to get them done!
My inspiration came from Amber HERE. Her's are so much cuter than mine so check them out!
The whole point of joining this challenge was to, well challenge myself :) and learn in the process. Day 1 I learned that all those times I watched Bob Ross Joy of Painting on Sunday morning were good for somthing other than just relaxing :0 even though I am not an artist. Today I learned that I am not that good with stamps that need to be perfectly even and I really should have put those stars on the tips on all of my nails instead of just my ring finger. This is the first time I have used nail sequins, and although they were very easy to apply, I am not wild about having these particular ones on. The edges of the stars kept getting caught in my hair, on my clothes and generally scraping every surface possible. I probably could have avoided this if I added more top coats, but I didn't have the patience or time for that last night. In spite of all that, I really ended up liking these. Here's how I did it.
- Base coat
- Sally Hanson Extreme Wear White On over entire nail. I have said before that I don't particularily like this polish as a base, but it is a one coater so was perfect as I was in a hurry.
- Stamped with Bundle Monster BM-207 and Konad special Black. I started the stamp halfway across my nails, give or take.
- Layered the half that did not have the stamp with two coats of Sally Hanson Insta-Dri Cinna-Snap.
- Drew lines where the polishes met with a black stripping brush.
- One nail at a time I added top coat and applied the stars (found at Family Dollar) in the still wet top coat with an orange stick.
- Another layer of top coat, although I should have added at least 2, maybe 3 coats.
And here's a more accurate color on the polish (without flash).
Check out all the other ladies nails! See you day 3 for candy canes.