Translate

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My Most Expensive - Deborah Lippmann

Hi, my name is Tina and I am a polishaholic.  I know I have a problem.  If I forget, my family reminds me.  I am once again on a strict no-buy.  (Bria is graduating in a few months, so we are saving up some money for a great graduation party and gift.)  I am not really sure if going cold turkey is productive or not.  When I fall off the wagon, I get very polish drunk, buying everything I wanted and couldn't during my abstinence.  This dry spell will, unfortunately, have to be a little longer as there is no tax return in the near future and my hours at work have been cut.  Fortunately, I have so many untrieds that I should be good....at least for awhile.  Another reason to love the Never Ending Pile challenge.  This one is a few days late, but beautiful none the less....and there will be more coming tonight.  *sigh*  The difficulties of loving nail art challenges.

With Flash (nice finger print, eh?)
Artificial Light
  
This is Deborah Lippmann Through the Fire.  I have always heard amazing things about Deborah Lippmann, but with a price of $18 - $20, it was not on my list of polishes to acquire.  I mean, I am willing to pay $15 for a foreign indie holo, but $18 for a cream?  Ridiculous, right?  Then I discovered a site that just happened to have them on sale....don't even know what site it was.....Maybe Beauty.com?  They were 50% off and I figured if I paid $9 for OPI occasionally, I could splurge and get some at $9.  By the time I discovered the sale, most of the highly desired polishes were sold out.  Unfortunately, Through the Fire was the only color left that called out to me.  Now I wish I had purchased more.  It is true, sometimes you do get what you pay for and I will definitely have Deborah on my radar now!  Not only did this have a vibrant garnet red shimmer with all kinds of depth, it also had the perfect formula!  Not too thin, not too thick and not a cuticle flooder, which is important for such a saturated red.  Speaking of saturated, this is two coats, but I could have, without question, only used one.  It has been added to my "Try for stamping" list, although I almost hate to waste this beauty on stamping!

I did some nail art with this. It was HORRID and totally ruined the exquisiteness of Through the Fire.  Maybe you will see it some day in a "Nail Fail" post, but today I don't want to ruin your palate with it!  What to take away from this?  Sometimes you ARE paying for more than just a name!  See if others feel the same way with the links below!





6 comments:

  1. That is a nice red! I don't own any DL polishes but this one is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never had owned any if it wasn't for the 1/2 price sale!

      Delete
  2. Great color! I own one DL but I don't think I'd pay more than $9 for it. There are too many good cheapies out here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! There are a lot of great dupes for some really expensive polishes! Sinful Colors Who's the Gloss vs Revlon Perplex vs Chanel Paradoxical, for example!

      Delete
  3. I own this one as well but never tried it yet :)

    ReplyDelete