Translate

Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Little Fall Tape

Today's theme for The Crumpet Tarts 33DC is Tape.  I decided to do something a bit different with one of my favorite polishes.


Can you see it?  It is a bit subtle.



This started with two coats of one of the polishes that started my polish obssesion, Julep Minka.  Minka is a beautiful reddish brown metallic matte polish that Julep calls "Suede".  When I first saw this in Sephora, I stood right there and gave myself a manicure in the store.  I love this soooo much!

  
Next I punched some leave shapes out of painter tape and placed them semi randomly on nails.



Finally I painted over the nail with top coat, pulled off the tape with tweezers and added some veins to the leaves.



It didn't turn out quite how I imagined, but I still like it.  I would probably use a different color in the future, maybe even a gradient over the tape, but that's what I like about these challenges, I get to try new things, learn what works and what doesn't, and improve my technique.


Thanks for looking and commenting!  Check out all the lovely tape manicures, there are some really gorgeous ones!







2 comments: