Translate

Friday, September 6, 2013

Van Gogh Oh the Options

I am soooo behind with the Llama Nails artist challenge, but I am not giving up!  With the holiday, relatives coming into town and preparation for several upcoming challenges, I just haven't had time to blog.  

PLUS my precious 18 yr old special needs daughter, Bria, has her FIRST BOYFRIEND and we have been spending a lot of time getting to know him and his family.  I am going to ramble a bit on this subject, so if you aren't interested, jump down past the pic for all the nail details.  

A boyfriend!  I really thought this day would never come, not because no one would be attracted to Briar, she has had lots of boys who like her, but she is so very modest and picky when it comes to boys, I never thought anyone would meet her standards other than the Jonas Brothers :)  He is a sweet and polite 20 yr old with brain damage that is is a little more cognitively advanced than her.  He pulls out chairs for her and the elderly at his father's care facility seem to love him, all of which seem to be good signs to me.  I am, however, struggling with a bit of fear for her heart and body, but trust my girl to make good decisions.  I happened upon a Facebook conversation they had (Bria knows if she leaves her account open, mom is going to make sure she is being safe online).  He was telling her how much he missed her and how smart she is and how pretty she is.  Then he said how sexy she is.  My heart leaped into my throat...until I saw her response.  She said "you went too far".  "What do you mean", he said.  "That was inappropriate", she said.  My heart settled back into my chest and swelled with pride!  In her words they are "taking it slow", but he already said he wants to marry her (tee hee) but she told him she is too young.  All this to say that my emotional state has been draining my mental state, which makes the impetus to blog a bit weak.  I am back on track now, so let's look at a little Van Gogh art on my nails.


I am very happy with how these turned out!  I am always a bit tentative with detailed free hand art, so I was nervous how these would turn out....very first world of me :)


Not a great replication, but pretty good considering my limited skills and tiny canvas (tee hee).


All of this was done with nail polish, to many to list here.  Some day I am going to get me a set of acrylics.  I have heard they are much easier to work with.


I cannot do a post focusing on the beloved Vincent without referencing one of my favorite (and tear inducing) Doctor Who Episodes.

Can't tell you how much I LOVED this episode!  But enough about Doctor Who, back to the nails with one last close up of my thumb, my favorite of the bunch except for that blue smudge...where did that come from?!?
Thanks for looking, check out the other Vincent manis and see you again soon!  
Tina

4 comments:

  1. Really, really fantastic. You did a great job! Sounds like you have a great daughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when you find out that all those 'talks' sunk in & your child can make good choices without your immediate help? Good job, Momma Tina! <3

    ...and your nails look fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete