Translate

Saturday, January 18, 2014

2013 Pretty in Pink

Today's top 5 from 2013 is pink, specifically those of the lighter shades.  I also included light corals, since I am a coral whore but didn't want to go to the extreme of having a coral category.   Seriously, I have about 9 corals that are really similar, if not out right dupes.  I can't seem to keep them out of my cart, but I rarely wear them.  How weird is that!  

Something to note before the swatching begins:  I always paint to opacity and then add one more coat for the macro pics.  In other words, when it says I used 3 coats, you can achieve "in real life opacity" at 2 coats.  Make sense?   Let's get started, shall we?  In no particular order...The Light Pinks!

With Flash
Artificial Light
 NOPI Selena - 4 coats
Selena is a delicate peach leaning pink with a VERY subtle shimmer that gives it depth.  It has a thin crelly formula, which accounts for the 4 coats.  Of course, if you like/are okay with VNL, you can get away with 2 or 3 coats.  I also think that it would work for a yummy gellie sandwich, although I haven't tried it yet.  The shimmer in this is part of why this made it to my top 5.  The other reason is that Selena was the first "peach" I wore on my tips and the instigator of my peach/coral obsession.  However, if this baby didn't have the shimmer in there, I don't think I would have ever purchased it.  It is only recently that I have started to warm up to straight cremes, and most peaches/corals are just that...cremes.  I think these light coral/peach shades are very flattering to my skin tone and without Selena it would have taken me much longer to discover that, so I have a deep fondness for Selena.      

With Flash
Artificial Light

Julep Joy - 2 coats
Joy is a dusty mauve.  I love those dusty colors.  This one is on my list, not only for the color, but for the formula.  This could be a one coater for most people.  If you can handle the poorly designed Julep bottles, it goes on with ease.  Yep, it's a creme.  I can't believe how many cremes ended up in my favorites!

With Flash
Artificial Light

Contrary Polish Somebody Loved - 3 coats
I think almost every polish from Contrary Polish's Love Lyrics made my favorites list.  This greyed pink is filled with a copper shimmer.  I have a thing for copper, so of course I love this!  You can see it, along with a couple others from the Love Lyrics collection, in nail art HERE

With Flash
Artificial Light

LVX Cilquot - 2 coats
Yep, another creme, this one a paler shade of peach.  I will say it again and you will here it again, LVX and cremes, a match made in heaven.  This could easily be a one coater.  Hope to try stamping with it soon.  Nothing else profound to say.

With Flash
Artificial Light
OPI Hands Off My Kielbasa - 2 coats
This is my #1 pink of 2013....actually, my #1 light pink of all time.  I have a hard time seeing this one knocked out of this spot, but I guess we will see.  Wearing this beauty gives me so much pleasure.  It is a warm peach shimmer, kind of like a fresh sunburn.  I know that sounds gross, but it certainly isn't.  It boarders on being a frost, but without all those nasty brush strokes.  So much shimmer, it just seems to glow!  This is my go to work polish.  It makes me feel feminine and purdy.  Plus it can be opaque in one thick coat.  i have even used it for stamping.  Nuf said.  I used this for September's Tri Polish Challenge, so you can see it used HERE, HERE and HERE

There you go, the top 5 light pinks of 2013.  Any of these make your list?  Any you now want to add to your stash?  Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. These are all gorgeous pink! I have Selena and really like it too :)

    ReplyDelete