Translate

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Black Friday Mani

Sooo...I had this idea for a Black Friday manicure...had it all planned out...took my polish off late Wednesday night...applied a couple of coats of base and figured it was to late to complete without sheet marks.  "I'll finish it tomorrow while the turkey is cooking".  This is what I ended up with on Friday

Nekkid nails.  Not too terribly stained.  And yes, you can see my "smoky mountain" nail ridge there on my middle finger.  Any body else got one of those?
 
Between getting Thanksgiving dinner ready, eating and getting ready for Black Friday shopping there wasn't a free hour, which is what I needed to complete these nails without scuffs and dings.  I take that back...there was a free hour, but I choose to take a nap instead so I would be rested up for shopping.  After all, I did have to be at work at 9:00 on Friday morn, so I needed a little rest.  Go figure.  Anyways, my nails survived the meal making, house cleaning and 6 hours of intense shopping (although a good 2 hours of that was just standing in line) without the added strength of 3 or 4 more coats of polish.  I even went to work with these bad boys!  It has been a couple of months since the coworkers have seen these.

I thought I might show you what I had in mind originally.  This wasn't the complete idea.  There was some stamping involved in my head, but since I just did this to show you (my one beloved follower) before the next mani goes on, I didn't want to spend too much time on it :)

I started with one coat of Sinful Colors Black on Black with a funky french tip in one of my first indie polishes, Different Dimension Black & Gold.  I am so happy that my first indie was from Different Dimension.  You can find the store HERELet me show you some bottle shots first.


Different Dimension Black & Gold
 Look at that gorgeous gold halo glitter suspended in a black jelly.  This is from the Team Spirit collection.  Pictures cannot capture how fascinating this polish is!  Although I layered this over black, it can be worn on it's own.  I could spend a lot of time just staring at this on my nails, moving them around, watching the gold and halo flashes.  Right now she has her Santa Baby collection out and I am hankering for a few of them.  I will have more Different Dimension Polishes coming up soon, including some on Bria's nails, so watch for them!

Here is what it turned out like.
 

Yeah, it's a little sloppy with no top coat, but it will be gone tomorrow and I won't be seeing anyone but the kids and husband today, so I just don't care!  Actually, I'm glad I didn't put a top coat on my nails as you can see how shiny the Black & Gold is, even without a top coat. 

One last shot so you can get an idea of the wonderful flashes I keep looking at.  See it there on my ring finger.  Mmmm love it!


Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  See you soon.

5 comments:

  1. Nice quick mani!

    I have one of those fault lines too! Mine runs down my left index finger. Does yours ever split? Mine did earier this year.
    Talk about a pita! Orly Nail Mender to the rescue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never had it split, thank goodness, but I only recently started to file it smooth, so maybe I should keep an eye on it! I just recently got the Orly NM and it has been a life saver (or nail saver:) a couple times. First break I had I used a silk patch...not my favorite.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete