Translate

Sunday, December 8, 2013

It Happened Again

Can I share?  Of course I can, it is my blog!  I love blogging!  I love doing my nails and sharing them with you.  I even like editing the pictures.  But the truth is that most of my free time is taken up with my computer.  Between editing, blogging, reading my favorite blogs, Facebook and Pinterest, I spend hours every day with my computer on my lap and sometimes, it overwhelms me.  Seems that every couple months I have to take a break, and the last few days were my most recent.  For two whole days I did not touch my computer.  No blogging, no Facebook, no email, not even picture editing.  Of course, now I have to do some catching up, but it cleans out my system, if you know what I mean.  I come back refreshed and ready to give it all a go again.  So please forgive my absence (like you noticed :) and enjoy my latest nails.



 I did these a couple weeks ago for Crumpet Nail Tarts 33 DC prompt "3 favorite polishes", but they never got posted.  Luckily, they fit perfectly for the 12 Days of Christmas "festive colors/glitters" prompt, so yeah, you still get to see them!



I started with three coats of one of my all time favorite polishes, Digital Nails Run You Clever Boy.  Because it is a favorite, this is going to be pic heavy.  Get ready for a polish that is as glorious as all the Companions put together.



Run You Clever Boy was released by Raph this last spring in her "Companions of Doctor Who" collection and is not currently in the Digital Nails Etsy store.  I am waiting to find out if it is discontinued or not and I will let you know.  Why am I going to all the trouble to find out?  Well look at this polish!  If this was the first time I was seeing it, I would desperately want to add it to my stash.  I mean, this polish has Lemming City written all over it!  Update:  Raphelle let me know that although this is not currently in stock, it is not discontinued and will hopefully be available in her store this Tues (link above)!

  
Run You Clever Boy represents Clara and is unlike anything else in my stash, which makes it an automatic winner in my book!  The longer I have this nail polish obsession, the more I think that there is nothing new under the sun, and then Raph comes along and blows that out of the water!



Run You Clever Boy (I keep typing the whole name because....well, I love it!)  Is a gorgeous brownish dark red jelly base (some call it oxblood) filled to the brim with green/pink shifting micro glitters.  The base reminds me of BBQ sauce or a fresh scab.  Okay, I know that sounds gross, but it has to be my all time favorite red color.  What does that say about me?!?


Now that we have talked about the base, let's talk about the micro glitter in this beauty.  Most color shifting micro glitters are impossible to capture.  You have to hold you nails at funny angles or with weird focus or obscure lighting.  Not with this beauty!  The shift is so strong in real life that it is easy to capture in pics.  I mean, look at the last two!  Green/pink glittery goodness!  I spent so much time looking at the shift on these!  I could go on and on about my HUGE polish crush for Run You Clever Boy (I just had to type the name one more time!), but maybe you want to see more of the nail art?


Next I stamped with DRK-C and A-England Dragon, another polish favorite.  Dragon is one of those gorgeous scattered holo polishes that A-England is so good at, this one in green.  It also stamps great!  The color matched the shimmer in Run You Clever Boy (looky there, I found another chance to type it!) so well, I couldn't imagine using anything else.  I did make me a little sad to cover up Run You Clever Boy (did it again LOL) so much.  Next time I will use a sparser stamp.

Just a note about this argyle pattern.  I have a lot of argyle patterns in my plate stash, but this is my favorite!  The pattern is small, so you get a lot of diamonds on the nail, even nubbins.  Also, the diamonds are very....square....if that makes any sense.  Right angles, not obtuse.  It appeals to my sense of order.


Next I stripped with Zoya Cheryl, another all time favorite.  I could have sworn I blogged about this beauty before, but I have looked and looked and can't find it.  Such a shame!  I will have to rectify that soon!  



I think this looks Christmassy, don't you?  Check out the others!






21 comments:

  1. Mmmm that base is beautiful!! I love how this is untraditional Xmas colours but still works beautifully =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Novice! I tend to go untraditional...except around Halloween :)

      Delete
  2. These are great! Perfect stamping too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! Helps when you have some awesome plates!

      Delete
  3. These are fabulous!! But that base color is INCREDIBLE!!!! I have to have it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dionne! I was worried when I didn't see it in the shop, cause I hate to show you something that is hard to acquire. So glad it will be available again soon!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun mani! And Im drooling over Run you Clever Boy. P.S. Fellow Minnesotan here and it looks like we are not too far from each other. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to meet you LL! I feel a little lonely in my polish obsession sometimes!

      Delete
    2. I feel the same way. I recently discovered there are 2 indie polishe makers from Mn too but their names have slipped my mind at the moment. I think one is Northern Star polish

      Delete
  6. I agree I love the base. Your stamping and striping was flawless as well. Loved these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I'm sure that, if I didn't use the stamping image and tried to go freehand, it would have turned out all wonky!

      Delete
  7. That base colour is so unique! I love it! And your stamping is just great! I wouldn't feel these as festive colours myself but for sure wintery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simona! I usually tend to go for the darker, vampy colors, so these are my perfect Christmas colors :O

      Delete
  8. Gosh, this is so awesome!! I love everything about this mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. LOLOLOL! You always bring a smile to my face Inky!

      Delete
    2. Good! That means I'm doing it right. <3

      Delete