Translate

Monday, December 16, 2013

Chita Holly

If you follow me at all, you know that I love textured polish.  So it should come as no surprise that my new favorite holiday polish is Zoya Chita, a perfect tone of green Pixie Dust polish.  My mani today uses Chita and a couple of other green textured polishes in a gradient.  Oh, and it is for the 12 Days of Christmas holly prompt.



 I tried to take pics at each step, so this may be a bit pic heavy.


Artificial Light
With Flash

I started with two coats of Zoya Chita.  It was totally opaque in one coat, but didn't give me the full texture effect I was looking for, so I added another.  Although it was a little thicker than I am used to with the Zoya Pixie Dusts, it still applied easily.  This is one of my favorite shades of green, a dark sprucy green that is slightly blue leaning.  So beautiful on it's own, but I had other plans for it.

Artificial Light
With Flash


 Next I created a gradient using China Glaze This is Treemendous (tips) and China Glaze Winter Holly (middle).  Both of these are not "technically" textured, but they are the full coverage micro glitters that China Glaze that are textured.  Winter Holly is a darker green that came out in last years holiday collection and This is Tremendous is a lighter green sprinkled with gold glitter from this years holiday collection.  Yes, there is a mess, but I used masking fluid around my nails for easy clean up.  Make this mess on bare skin at your own risk as those micro glitters are a pain to remove from any surface but nails.

Artificial Light
With Flash

 Despite all the textured yumminess here, I decided to top coat it for a couple of reasons.  First, I was going to be stamping on it .  Second, the gradient showed a bit better with top coat.







Next I stamped with BM-014 and Maybelline Bold Gold.




 Finally I added some dots of Zoya Rehka to the berries.



 What do you think?  Do you own any green textured polishes?  Check all the other hollies.







7 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've never seen a textured gradient done before, it looks fab! So festive =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks NN! Next time I will have to leave it sans top coat, but these greens were so close in color, I felt it needed it.

      Delete
  2. I think Im going to have to add Chita to my lemming list! Great job with the stamping too. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly LOVE Chita and can see it being used for so many manis!

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous green texture indeed ;)

    ReplyDelete