Translate

Sunday, December 1, 2013

New Season, New Challenge

November just flew by and it is now it is time for another challenge.  I have a special place in my heart for Christmas challenges because my first ever nail challenge was one.  Here is the schedule:




Today is "Presents".  Since I was a little late to start on this challenge, I decided to do some quick art on what I currently was wearing.  I say was, because I already have something else on my tips....my nails are so fickle :).


Yes, this is a textured polish and I will show it to you in a sec.  First let me tell you that I have been going a little texture crazy with the polish lately, so you will probably be seeing several during this challenge.  I really loved this one polish, so it is going to be a bit pic heavy.




 This is two coats of Finger Paints Sparkle in the Sky.  Such a lovely textured polish!  It is a denim blue with green and pink micro glitters, which I tried desperately to capture in the following pics.





 The glitters are very noticeable in real life, they were just a little camera shy.


I then added some ribbon using Sally Hansen Inst-Dri Silver sweep and Dandy Nails Cashmere Nights (bows).


Although I like the texture effect, I thought I would include one pic with top coat so you can see the sparkly goodness of Sparkle in the Sky.  So appropriately named, don't you think?

What do you think of textured polish?  When I first applied this, it was very rough and I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it, it really felt like a nail file, but by morning the roughness had calmed down and was very wearable.  Feel free to check out all the other presents.  As always, thanks for looking and commenting!
Tina




18 comments:

  1. I like this textured look with the bow great festive mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh love these, that base is deceptively pretty! Fab =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really pretty both ways. Love when a polish has multi-facets/uses!

      Delete
  3. Sparkle In The Sky looks a lot like OPI Alcatraz Rocks. Dupe, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ALMOST picked up Alcatraz yesterday, just so I could do a dupe post, but I couldn't justify it with my holiday spending already out of control! Maybe after the holidays?

      Delete
  4. Fab recycling job, dahling!

    I like textures a lot more than I thought I would. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an inkling that i would like textures since I am a matte ho. Some, of course, are better than others and this one is right up there with the best!

      Delete
  5. I looove textured polish :)
    Super cute presents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely! and that tetured polish is REALLY nice! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! With Finger Paints being on sale this month at Sally Beauty, it was cheap too!

      Delete
  7. These are beautiful! Love the way this works so well with the textured polish. Looks like another polish for my wish list lol :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! They are on sale this month at Sally's for $3.99! They have 3 or 4 textured polishes in their holiday collection and I will be swatching them all soon!

      Delete
  8. Such cute bows! I love how they look on the textured polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LL! Cashmere Nights dries matte normally, so it was a great fit!

      Delete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous! :) You've done a nice job :)

    ReplyDelete