Translate

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Mrs. Santa

Today's prompt for the 12 Days of Christmas is the big man himself, Santa, but I went with his better half, Mrs Claus.  I did a similar mani last year and, if you are interested, you can find it HERE.  While I was editing these photos, I kept thinking that something was not quite right...that I was missing something.  See if you can figure out what it is.



For some reason, most of my pictures of the finished mani turned out fuzzy, so I don't have a whole lot of Mrs. Claus, but plenty of the gorgeous base I used.


 This is three coats of OPI Pompeii Purple.  This is not a color I would normally wear, and certainly not one that I would purchase, but it is being shared here thanks to a lovely co-worker.  I happened to compliment her nail polish and a week later she handed me the bottle and said, "Here, you try it."  Isn't she sweet?  She is also one of the few that seeks me out every day to see what I have on my nails!


Since I was not familiar with this color, I of course had to do some research to find out more about it.  I read that it was originally released in the 1999 Carnival Collection, but I also read that it was part of the 2004 Greek Isles Collection.  Regardless of when it first was released, it now can be found in the 2013 Classic Colors Collection.

  
Although I wasn't crazy about how pale this makes my skin look, (I think it looks my fingers look older, of course the winter weather may be part of that) it really fascinated me.  It looks like a fuchsia pink in the bottle....yet is called purple.  But once I got it on my tips, it started to make sense.  The base of this polish is actually what I would consider a light red, but it is filled with a purple shimmer, which makes it look like a bright pink.  My theory is that Pompeii is the notorious volcano site, so it is a "lava red" filled with a purple shimmer, thus Pompeii Purple.  Just a theory.


On top of this I created a belt using Finger Paints Black Expressionism and Loreal Because You're Worth It..  Finally I dotted the bottom with Wet & Wild French White Creme for a feminine lining.

So, Have you figured out what is missing?  Yep, there is no trim down the nail where the coat would be buttoned up.  Maybe Mrs. Claus buttons up the back....with a back baring scoop?  At least in Santa's dreams!  Thanks for looking and commenting!






5 comments:

  1. Haha, you've made Mrs Claus sexy ;) These are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look great even without the white trim down the middle. I was thinking that's what set Mrs Clause apart from Santa himself and didnt even notice it was missing. Really great job with these. Im goign to have to hunt down Pompeii Purple to add to my collection, it's a fantastic color =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess was cleavage...but then again, it's cold at the North Pole. LOL Anywho, luv the nails! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these. And nice coworker, cause that's a pretty polish I think.

    ReplyDelete