Translate

Monday, March 3, 2014

The Barielle Spring Velvets


I was so excited to open an e-mail from Barielle indicating that their spring colors were coming!  Today I have their Velvets collection to show you!


I realized that last time I reviewed Barielle polish for you, I neglected to mention that they are 5-free which means no harmful chemicals.  I am going to go from least to most favorite (although it may be a bit difficult when I get to the end).

With Flash
Artificial Light

Barielle Cream 'N Sugar - 2 coats
It is with great trepidation that I show you Cream 'N Sugar.  Not because it is unlovely.  No, because my nails are unlovely!  If you are going for a "natural nail" look, you could not do better than Cream 'N Sugar.  It has a delicate peach tint to it and applies like a dream.  It has just enough tint to cover typical nail staining yetis sheer enough to reveal the beauty of your natural nails.  I do not have typical staining....nor beautiful natural nails.  My nail beds are all different lengths so my VNL are all different lengths when the nails are the same length.  Plus my rocky mountain nail ridge.  There, got that out of my system.  Cream 'N Sugar is the perfect nude polish!

With Flash
Artificial Light

Barielle My Tan Blazer - 3 coats
My Tan Blazer is a yellow leaning nude, a true khaki color.  It applies smoothly with no balding and a nice self leveling formula.  It is towards the bottom of my list ONLY because it is not a flattering color for my skin tone.

With Flash
Artificial Light

Barielle Uptown Girl - 3 coats
Uptown Girl is a lovely pale peach color.  The formula on this one was not ideal.  It is a true 3-coater.  It was patchy at two.  When I applied this, it seemed familiar.  I pulled out the Nude & Naughty colors and found that I was right!


On the left is Pillow Talk from the Nude & Naughty collection.  On the right is Uptown Girl from the Velvet collection.  In the bottle, it looks like Pillow Talk is a touch darker.  Let's see what it looks like on the nails.

Artificial Light

Index and middle is Uptown Girl.  Ring and pinkie is Pillow talk.  You can just barely see that Pillow Talk is a tich darker.  Both are three coats.  The main difference for me, however, was application.  Pillow Talk has a better formula with less streaking/balding.  Do you need both?  Not in my opinion.  If Iwere to choose one, I would go with Pillow Talk with its better formula.

Now is where it gets hard.  These last three colors are ones I think everyone should have in their stash, so how can I choose my favorite?  I can't.  I love them all!

With Flash
Artificial Light

Barielle Sexy Mood - 2 coats
I have a suspicion that Sexy Mood is Barielle's nod to the 2014 color of the year, orchid.  The formula on this was was heaven.  For some people it could be a one coater, but with the DMP (dreaded micro pics), I didn't trust my application so added another coat.  Lovely self leveling pink leaning purple.  It is actually just a touch more pink than my pics IRL.

With Flash
Artificial Light

Barielle My Week Away - 3 coats
*sigh*  My Week Away....I love this delicate shimmer filled pink!  I consider it I Have A Headache's girly little sister.  If you read my previous Barielle post (found HERE) you know how hard I fell for I Have A Headache, so it is no surprise that I love this one almost as much.  Barielle describes this as a "dusty pink".  Yep, but it is sooo much more than that!  It is filled with a delicate green shimmer that wanted to hide from the camera, but is visible IRL.



In the top pic, you can see the shimmer on the nail.  In he second pic you can see the shimmer in the bottle.  Soooo gorgeous!  Dusty pink with green shimmer?  What could be better?!?  Maybe an extra paycheck.  The formula on this was perfect, self leveling and opaque at two coats, but I added another for some shimmer depth.  Yum!

With Flash
Artificial Light

Barielle A Little Exotic - 2 coats
Now we come to what has been on my tips for the last 4 days.  I am currently doing a wear test with this one, and it is still going strong!  I really like this color, it is so flattering and unique.  Barielle describes it as a "muted rusty pink".  Apt description for this lobster (in a good way) color.  Thank goodness it is such a pretty color, otherwise I don't think would last on my tips for the wear test.  It tells you something that I chose this one for the wear test as I usually wear a color no more than three days.

Here is some contact info:
Purchase these and many other lovely colors at http://www.barielle.com/Shades_Nail_Color-Color_Choices.html
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/barielle
Twitter https://twitter.com/Barielle
Instagram http://instagram.com/barielle#

So what do you think?  Do you like this collection?  Which is your favorite?  Let me know in the comments!  As ever, thanks for visiting!

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Great shades! I only own a few Barielle polishes but I really should get some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try and keep my readers up to date when they have sales, so watch for that!

      Delete
  2. Love the post! Mine is going to be up this week (fingers crossed!). Hahaha! I did a similar thing with My Week Away as you did with Uptown Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsten! I will watch for your post since I always love dupe info!

      Delete