Translate

Thursday, July 24, 2014

#31Nails2014 the 80's

Hold on to your parachute pants, I have 80's inspired nail art today and it is going to be very pic heavy!  This is for Nail Magazine 31 Nails.


The 31 Day Challenge is favorite decade.  The late 80's, early 90's were some of my best.  College and meeting my husband, losing myself and then discovering myself again.  The losing was almost as good as the discovering :)

Image Source

I would like to claim that this is all me, but I was inspired by this image.  Always looking for inspiration, right?  This has been on a Pin board for some time and it seemed the perfect time to pull it out!


I started with two coats of China Glaze Stone Cold and used stripping tape to create, um, stripes.


I dotted the cuticles with China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard (green) and Love's a Beach (pink), then stamped at the cuticles.



Then I randomly stamped with the same colors and images from BM05, BM-003, BM-014 and MoYou 67.


Here it is with no top coat.  The neon is matte, which matches with Stone Cold.  Love it!


And here it is with top coat.  It makes the stamping a bit more sparkly.


Lot's of flash pics because the stamping just shows up better.  


I feel like I am getting better with the whole random thing.  What do you think?


I have to say that I am getting better with stripping tape, but I have a recommendation....


Don't attempt this at 1:00 am if you are a perfectionist like me.  I swear I was about to...well swear at the tape.  Not going straight, then not sticking if it was straight.  I think it took me an hour to complete the stripes alone!


Of course my thumb is my favorite.  Love that little skull!  Thanks for looking and commenting!

1 comment:

  1. Great inspiration! You captured it really well on the nails too.

    ReplyDelete