Translate

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Retro Nail Art for Finger Food's Theme Buffet

Today's prompt for Finger Food's Theme Buffet is retro.  Um, LOVE it!  Just like I love this nail art....almost as much as I don't.


I love the polish design and color combo, but really hate my execution.  I just don't have the steady hands needed for clean swirlies.  If you haven't guessed yet, I went with the 70's...the early 70's...that moment between free love and disco fever.  The time of shag carpet, wood paneling and brown appliances.  I was very young, but I remember.

Pahlish The Oldest Question with flash
Pahlish The Oldest Question artificial light

I started with two coats of Pahlish The Oldest Question.  I love grey polish.  I have more than anyone should own.  I mean really, how many greys do you need?  According to my stash, A LOT!  Add copper glitter and I am hooked.  Add matte pale yellow CIRCLE glitter?  The infatuation increases.  Give it a Doctor Who associated name? " Will you marry me?" comes to mind.  I guess you could say that I love it.  Plus, the application was uncomplicated and smooth.  All the glitters here were applied without any fishing.  If I wasn't going to cover it up, I might have reached for more of the circles.  But cover it up, I did.


I stamped with M64 and Finger Paints Black Expressionism.


I then traced the lines with China Glaze Kalahari Kiss and Maybelline High Style Sienna...badly.


I added dots of Loreal I Like It Chunky, a copper/orange texture that I love!  At lease my dots turned out well!  Why can I get dots but not swirls?


So this was one of those that looked better in real life with a few feet between the squiggly lines and your eyes.  Still like it though.  What do you think?





1 comment: