Translate

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wishing for Spring with a Green Gradient

I happen to live in one of the coldest states in the continental United States, Minnesota.  This is the worst time of the year for me.  Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years hare over and now comes the long cold stretch until Spring Break, but even then it is still cold.  So it is natural, if emotionally torturous, that my mind turns to spring at this time, which is reflected in my nail art.


It has been so long since I have shown nail art on Bria's nails.  Mostly that is because she broke several nails and they are so skinny that if you reduce the length, there is hardly any room for any art.


The theme for these came from The Crumpet Nail Tarts Pick-n-Mix 52 week challenge.  It is "three shades of green/yellow".  I started with a gradient of Sally Hansen Lightening, Lickety Split Lime and Julep Payton.  I have never tried the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri for a gradient, but if they all behave like these two, I will have to try more!.  They give really good coverage, so you do not have to sponge as many layers, and it dries quickly so you don't have to wait as long between layers.  Brilliant!


After the gradient was fully dry, I used striping tape tape to create vertical stripes with Finger Paints Black Expressionism.  I don't know why, but I love vertical stripes on my nails.  Maybe it is because it makes you nails look longer.  You can see more vertical stripes HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.  


Finally I added some little flowers layered with Black Expressionism, China Glaze In the Rough and more Sally Hansen Lightening in the center.  As you can see, Bria loved these!  Unfortunately she has started a new work study at a local college deli, which means she is washing dishes a lot.  The result is that this only lasted a couple of days.  She is going to have to go polishless for awhile :(

Thanks for looking and commenting.  Don't forget to check out the other Tarts nail art!






1 comment: