Translate

Monday, January 7, 2013

The NCC - Winter Solstice


One last post for the day.  This one is for the Nail Challenge Collaborative, another Facebook group, which you can find HERE.  I joined on week 6 of their Let It Snow challenge, and the theme is Winter Solstice.  I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I was inspired by Gabriela at The Nail Adventure HERE.  I think these perfectly fit with the name of my blog (tee hee).  For some reason they did not want to photograph well.  The moons look a little muted and were more defined IRL, but I think I like these pics better!  I used a lot of polishes for this, but I will give you a quick rundown.
  • Two coats Fantasy Makers Nail in the Coffin.
  • Painted the base of the moon with Sally Hanson Insta-Dry White
  • Sponged moons with OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdamn, Essie Fair Game and OPI Over the Moon (how appropriate).
  • Went back and added some details with more of the Sally Hanson.


The Thumb is closest to how it looked IRL.  I think I am going to have to make this mani the header for my blog!  I ended up extremely happy with it!  What do you think?  Now go check all the other Solstice nails!
 




4 comments:

  1. wow, this is really awesome, love it :D
    you should make this mani the header for your blog, it really suits you perfectly :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Now I just have to figure out the best way to do it.

      Delete