Day 10 - Geometric. I knew what I wanted to do. I even knew the colors I wanted. Dark plum, tan and "army" green. I was inspired by Jen at The Nail Polish Project HERE. Well, only go there if you want to realize how big my fail was. This is what I ended up with.
If you think this is bad, wait till you see how well I rescued the earlier version. By the time I got to this point, I gave up on the stamping part. Let me show where it all fell apart. Started with two coats of London Butter All Hail the Queen. Good at this point, in fact beautiful.
- Avon Touch of Taupe (Brown)
- Sally Hanson Grey Area (Purple)
- Revlon Spanish Moss
Looks fine, right? Genius way to get around not having striping tape, right? And then I removed the scotch tape. This is what I was left with.
Total disaster! Apparently I did not give the polish enough time to dry and the tape peeled off large chunks, as you can plainly see. So I did what I could to salvage it. After letting the middle portion dry, I filed the damaged portions smooth and freehand repainted. Then I cleaned up the lines as best I could with acetone, threw on some topcoat and gave up on the idea of stamping. Final look.
Not too bad a final look for what was a total fail, but I'm still not happy with it. Got to invest in striping tape or develop more patience. Oh well, we all have bad polish days. Tomorrow will be better, I promise! In the meantime, go check out some not failed geometric manis.