Translate

Monday, July 8, 2013

Is Today Sunday...

Once again, I didn't get the Adventures in Stamping Sunday Stamping challenged posted on a Sunday.  This weeks theme was "inspired by your birthstone".  My birthstone is Aquamarine.  I thought about using some of my necklace or jewel images, but decided I didn't want to go so literal, so I just used the color.


I am still perfecting getting my linear images straight on my nails, but id did get a couple straight.

Without Flash

 This started with the lovely Hare Polish Ancient Affairs.  There is just something about the odd shades that I love.  Greens...olives...browns...and greys.  This is just the kind of shade and finish that I like, something that looks "normal"...or as normal as a grey can look...until you look closer.    This grey is filled with a multitude of baby blue micro glitters.  So purdy! 

With Flash

The only problem I have with this polish is the formula.  The base is thin and filled with so many glitters that it just didn't like being overworked.  Being the perfectionist that I am, I have a tendency to use the brush a bit too much with most polishes.  This one does not self level and dries surprisingly quickly, which made it a bit lumpy at the end.  Of course, I'm probably the only one that would notice.

I reached full opacity in two coats, but added a third trying to fix the texture.  This blue beauty definetely requires a good thick top coat (or multiple layers of a thin one) as it is a bit gritty and the glitters need that special "pop" that top coat causes.

Despite the difficulty I had in application, I still LOVE this polish.  It is unique in the polish world, which makes it a winner in my book.  You can find Hare Polish HERE and also at Llarowe HERE for those outside of the US.

  
Next I taped off 3/4 of the nail and painted with one (yes ONE coat) of Finger Paints Black Expressionism.


Finally I stamped with MJ XVII and, appropriately enough, Revlon Chroma Chameleon Aquamarine.


Thanks for looking!
Tina

5 comments:

  1. I also have had some application issues with Hare Polishes, but I also agree that they're worth the effort. :) That stamp you used is gorgeous! I maybe might have to get that plate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some fun images on this plate. Just wish I had a better image to show you!

      Delete