Translate

Friday, July 5, 2013

SYTYCD Fashion Friday



So I am going to change some things up for Fashion Fridays for the next several weeks.  I wanted to start this two weeks ago, but with all my computer problems it didn't happen.  Here is the new theme:  So You Think You Can Dance!  This is my favorite reality show and the only one I watch every season without getting tired of it.  If you haven't watched it....for shame!  Tune in to Fox on Tuesdays and see the amazing and sometimes moving choreography.

There are not only great dances/dancers, there are also great costumes!  Each Friday I will do SYTYCD inspired manis.  Today's is inspired by Cat Deely's "costume" from the first top 20 episode.  Here is what inspired this:

 
I oh doesn't this look lovely.  Fortunately this pic does not show the bottom of this outfit.  It was a hideous pair of skimpy and shapeless shorts from the same "fabric".  Didn't like the whole outfit, but loved the sequins, so I thought it would make a good inspiration.


This started with one of my favorite silver "speckled" blacks, NOPI Totally In the Dark.  I really don't know how to describe the glitter in this as it is almost like micro flakies that do not overpower the black like some silver glitters do.  This is two coats plus top coat.  The first coat applied VERY streaky, but a second coat covered all flaws.


Next I dotted with Orly Rose Radiance.  When I look at this now, I wish I would have been more random with the dots....but you know how I am with randomness!  Oh well.  Finally I created a french time with Rose Radiance and topped finished it all off with top coat.

 












What do you think?  The pink is not spot on, which drives me crazy, but it is what it is.  Not a total fail, but definitely not my fav fashion mani.  Hopefully the next one will make up for it.

Thanks for looking and commenting!  Hope your 4th was great and your weekend even better.  See you next time!
Tina

2 comments:

  1. Great job on this! Fun idea for a series too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I am really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete