Translate

Thursday, November 21, 2013

As Blue As the Sea

I have been waiting for this day since I first even thought of hosting the Falling Through the Rainbow challenge.  The day of blue.  Why?  I have been wanting to do an under the sea mani for a long time, just needed the incentive.  Here is what I came up with.


This started with a gorgeous water marble using Orly Pretty Ugly, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Blue-Away and Revlon Aquamarine.  I was so excited to get on with the rest of it, however, that I forgot to take a picture of it!  Bad Tina!  Bad!

 















Next I created some stamping decals using DRK-C.  The outlined fish above shows how you paint on one side, and when you flip it over, it looks like the one right next to it.  These fish are so tiny, you can see that I did not get every bit filled.  I think I need some magnifying glasses :)  By the way, if you click on the plate photo above, you can see it much larger.


I added some Zoya Godiva to the tips for sand.


I tried to add some depth by doing different layers with top coat.  For example, on my thumb above, I painted on some seaweed, and added the clown fish with a coat of topcoat.  Then I pained some more seaweed and added the blue fish with more top coat and finally added the red fish with another layer of top coat.  Yes, that is a lot of top coat!


I changed it up on each nail.  You can see the seaweed going over one of the fish there on my middle finger.  I don't think that I totally achieved what I was going for, but I don't really care, I loved these anyways.  No fail today!

What do you think?  Can you see the depth?  Would you use this much top coat just to get a little depth?  Think it would work better with Poshe?  Don't forget to check out the other blues!







8 comments:

  1. lovely lovely......i cant stop looking these cute fishes and the thumb closeup is awesome it indeed looks like an aquarium. GREAT JOB !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that I achieved what I was going for! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I love this!! It looks like it's really underwater too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! Thats what I was going for! It is nice to hear I suceeded.

      Delete