Translate

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Rainbow of Holos

I'm feeling a bit better today.  Still going to be quick though, since I have another, much more detailed nail art that needs to be posted today too.  This one, however, is for #31DC2014, and only #31DC2014.  One challenge?  I know, right?  The prompt is rainbow.


It is kind of hard to tell in my photos, but this is a rainbow of holos.


I stripped Hits Ares (red), Polish Addict Andrea (gold) and ILNP Birefringence (blue).  You have to make sure there is space between the polishes to allow for the marbling technique.  Next I dragged a dotting tool through the polish, like dry marbling.  Then all the other normal stamping steps.  I call this stamp marbling.  


Although the effect is subtle with the holos, it prevents it from looking like you have straight stripes of the color across your nails.  I will have to try this again with regular stamping polish and see what effect I get.





The stamp I used is Mash-57.


I had so much trouble capturing this in the pics.  The red holo just wouldn't show up as red, but you can see it IRL.


Not only is it a rainbow of holos, the holos also throw off rainbows.


I tried so hard to get a good pic, but it just wasn't in the cards.  Want to see more rainbows?  Just search #31DC2014 on any social media.  See you again soon!

 

1 comment:

  1. Its so pretty! I like that its kind of subtle on the nails but once the light hits it, you can see it.

    ReplyDelete