Translate

Friday, October 4, 2013

My Favorite Boyfriend

I was determined not be on the end of the InLinkz list this time.  I had the mani done already so I figured it couldn't be too hard.  At 1:00 am when I finished editing my pics, I decided that my sanity was more important than getting it posted early!  As they say, best laid plans and all.

When I started getting ahead on my manis for this challenge, this was one of the first themes I did.  I LOVE textured polish!  I don't mean the flat plain textures (yes, I am talking to you China Glaze) but the depth filled ones that OPI and Zoya put out.  Plus I love mattes, rubber finish and suedes.  Basically anything out of the norm calls to me.  So today I have one of my all time favorite textured polishes (so far), not to mention one of my top 10 of all time favorites!  It should go without saying that this is going to be a bit pic heavy.


Have you noticed a theme with my "help me hold my hand in a non awkward position" stone?  If you have, let me know in the comments!

  
This started with two coats of the beautiful OPI What Wizardry Is This.  Wizardry is right!  Okay, this is pic is indirect indoor light, but let's look at the other side of this unusual polish.


Yep, there are the sparkles in the sunlight.  Yes, an outdoor photo, can you believe it!


One more....I just can't help it!  Does anyone else think of polishes as having personalities?  Not all of them, just the special ones...maybe that is what makes them special.  This feels to me like a handsome man you see across the room and then you meet him....he's witty, charming and empathetic and you fall...hard!  Yep, this is the perfect boyfriend, right here on my tips.  He has an English accent too (tee hee).  Go ahead, say it, I am crazy!

The only downfall of this handsome gentleman is that it takes awhile for him to dry.  You can see the dent on my pointer finger for confirmation of this.  Oh well, all men have their downfalls, and if this is his only one, I am happy to wait for him to dry!


To be honest, I didn't want to do any art with Wizardry.  Who has the perfect boyfriend and then tries to hide him?  No, you want to show him off, right?



 I finally settled on this polish exposing image from one of my new(er) Sugar Bubbles plates, SB 007.  I LOVE the Sugar Bubbles plates.  the images are large enough and well etched.  So well etched, however that they tend to shred my cotton pads.  I stamped with my favorite black, Finger Paints Black Expressionism.  No top coat for this one, it would cover up Mr Perfect's rugged strength (texture). 



I am thrilled with how these turned out.  Perfect fall mani, it reminds me of a rich embroidered fabric.  *Sigh*  I would wear him all the time if I could.  One last one, this time in profile (tee hee).  Look how he sparkles!



Oh please, please, someone comment and tell me that I am not crazy....or at least not the only one that feels this way about polish!

As always, thanks for looking, commenting and listening to my crazy ramblings!
Tina

  







4 comments:

  1. You might be just a little crazy but your nails are so much more than just a little bit FABULOUS!

    I I have on What Wizardry Is This as accent nails with OPI Warm Me Up - I might go ahead and stamp - my original plan was gold but after seeing this..... I might go black!

    If you want to see the mani take a look at my Facebook page Simply Into My NAILS :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simply! And I am perfectly willing to admit I am a bit off balance when it comes to polish. I am glad I could inspire you.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't think I could have stamped over the texture with my old Konad stamper. Recently got a squishy stamper and love it!

      Delete